Difference between the 2 Ableton templates

Hi guys. I’m new to Prism and a beginner with Ableton. I have a question, but I’m a little embarrassed because I know it’s probably very basic.

I’ve downloaded the 2 templates:
Prism_Template_Aux_Input_VST3.als
Prism_Template_VST3.als

When I open the Prism_Template_Aux_Input_VST3.als, I see that the lights react with the audio file.

When I open the Prism_Template_VST3.als file and add an audio track, I see that the lights dont react with the music

When I compare the 2 .als files. I cant seem to find how they are set up differently. I’ve looked at the settings of each version and they both seem to be exactly the same, just that one already has the audio in.

Is it possible you can explain to me how they are set up differently. Where do I need to look?

Sorry for the basic question. Appreciate your help :pray::pray:

Hi,

did you get an answer to this question? I’m struggling with this too. Is the difference that one of them includes automatically generated audio? If I add audio to the vst3 template, rather than the Aux in version, the audio gets distorted with overlaping glitches. Aux in seems to work ok, but I’m not sure if this is the correct template to use. I could do with some tutorials, It’s not clear to me how this set up works.